Saturday, January 28, 2012

Love Saturdays.....

1/28/2012

Good morning!  Well here comes the snow I wanted.  It is so pretty. I really do love snowy days.  The warm hearty meals, sitting in front of the fire place.  Nice!  The kids are not with me this weekend. They are with their dad.  As much as I complain and say I need a break, I sure miss them when they are not home. 

So my boyfriend and I go out to dinner last night.  I look next to us and there are these two men.   Twins.  I would say they were 45 ish.  When do you think twins should get the memo that dressing alike at 45 is pretty creppy.  Seriously?   These men  were both bald, same boots, same sweater, same jacket, and even same meal.  Buckle your seat belts......they were drinking different beers.   Whew.  I was starting to think there was no hope for these men!  Can you imagine trying to date someone like that.  You are getting ready to go out and before your guy asks you  what he should wear he calls his brother.  In case there is a chance of meeting, they need to be dressed alike.  Weird!  I just don't get that I twins, well  adult twins. 

Today would have been my grandma's 92 birthday. She passed away in September.  It was a day we all dreaded, yet knew it was around the corner.  She was clearly the matriarch staple in our family.  My grandma was a lady that strongly believed in faith, truth, and family.  Anyone that knew her, knew how much family and faith meant to her.  It was hard as her dementia got worse.  I think we all appreciated and looked for those glimpses of her old self.  I will treasure my memories of her for the rest if my life.  I'm so thankful for all the years I had with her, and the years my kids got to know and love love her as well.  My youngest said to my middle one......when we are sad and missing mamaw all we have to do is look in the sky and find the brightest star.  I'm sure that is her!   I believe that, and find myself looking and staring into the sky for her presence. 

Thankful tidbit.....   Grandmas xo

Until next time -   Crazy Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment