Monday, May 7, 2012

Moody Monday

5/7/2012

It's been a long few days.   The middle boy had 1st communion practice on friday night.  Then the Kentucky Derby was Saturday night.  Then 1st communion on Sunday.  Busy busy weekend. 

We get to the practice on Friday night, I'm hoping we are going to blast through this thing.  It's moving slow, very very slow.  Then the kids were lighting their candle for practice.  All of a sudden this little girl in front of us drops a drop of wax on her finger.  A complete halt.  Ughhhhh   The priest was upset with the nun.  He said she didn't make the candle holders right.  She said oh yes I did make them right.  In the meantime the girl cried and cried and cried.  I was over her.  Bigtime.  I finally said here is a wet wipe, wrap it around her finger.  The mom said or she can stop being a drama queen.  I said , well thats what I was thinking but..... Finally it gets over.  Then the communion went well on Sunday.  I am so proud of him.  He really took it all very serious.  He said, it was a long road to get here but he made it.  He meant it too. 

The girl had to go to the orthodontist today.  It's always a huge debate over what color bands should she get.  Of course I know whatever I say don't get, she will.  I held strong and said it doesn't matter, it's up to you.  She ended up getting pink.  Which I was happy about.  She threatened neon green.  I was so hoping that would not happen.  Wheww    While I was waiting for her this big Asian family comes in.  Maybe 3 kids, a mom, and a helper or someone.  You know what I hate????  I hate when people start talking in a different language.  It is really uncomfortable.  It doesn't matter what they are saying, you think it's about you.  I started thinking I had something on my face, or toilet paper on my shoe, everything comes to mind.  I was so self conscious.  The last time I was there, a couple of women were speaking Arabic.  I was nervous then too.  However they did end up talking to me in English a little.  Took some pressure off.  I wish I spoke another language fluently.  I would talk to myself the whole time I was sitting there.  I only know about six words in  German and ten numbers.   That's not going to get me far.  I can only say Mrs. Smith and thank you  sooooo many times in German before I look a little off. 

Tomorrow is no socks day.  Hope it's warm enough.  ;)  

Thankful tidbit ....... That one May weekend is over! 

I'm outta here!   Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment