Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day!!

5/1/2012


Happy May Day.  Been a busy morning already!  I had to go to the doctor for this cough I have.  Then i took the girl to get a immunization.  UGHHH  She was already freaking out last night.  I told her to chill out. It was only one small prick!   She was shaking, nervous, teary eyed all morning.  I was over it!  She was begging to stay home from school  even before we got to the doctor.  I told her nope your nervous nelly butt is going back to school.  We get to place for the immunization, and I look at the slip  and I see she is in need of FOUR shots .....NOT ONE!   UT OH.   This is not going to be good.  I sign in, and keep it to myself.  We get in the room and she says why are all those needles out?  I just calmly shrug and quickly look away.  So I then confess and tell her she is getting more.  Two I tell her.  Still a lie.  UGHHH   Finally the very stone faced nurse blurts it out.  Honey , you are getting two in each arm. You will be fine.  OK .  Lets roll!  She ended up doing pretty well.  Got a free frosty out of it.  I was jealous! 


The girl and  I are on  our way home from the doctor and we come to the railroad tracks.  She says OMG  look at that person?  What is he doing?  I look over and I swear to goodness when I say this.  He had a stick over his shoulder with a stuffed material tied to the end of the stick.  I think we just saw a legitimate hobo!  Tattered shirt, torn up boots , scruffy beard  and a stick with a stuffed bandanna tied to it!  Craziest thing I had seen since little man's undaroo incident.  Which was two days ago.  Anyway I so wanted to take a picture.   Then the  girl says what is legitimate mean and what is a hobo?  

I am hearing that the Titanic 2 is set or is aiming to set sail in 2016.  Are we serious with this?   Hasn't that ship sailed?  Or at least tried?  I get it, It should be respected but let it rest in peace.  Who is signing up for this trip?  I am sure thousands of people will.  I don't know, I feel it's a bit jinxed.  Anyway, Happy Sailing!! 

I am at the library and I over hear this lady say look out my grandson just got out of preschool.  he comes running by.  He settles quickly.  The grandmother turns to me and says.  He has some energy to burn today.  I respond with ,  Oh yea?  Because I really don't care.  He actually was pretty calm.  Calmer than my kids would probably be.  So she obviously doesn't take the hint that I do not care and says ., you know we thought  he would test off the charts , and the preschool teacher says he is struggling.  Ahhh  I get it.  She is looking for someone to tell her what she wants to hear.  Sometimes I might be that person, but today....... I  respond with , Well you know we all think our kids are smarter than they are.  I think parents and grandparents are the most blind  sometimes.  Not her little Billy.  Super smart.  He could draw the perfect shape before his friends.  Then I start to feel bad.  I say well maybe the teacher just doesn't appreciate  or see what he is capable of.  She agreed.  Whew.  He seemed like a sweet little boy, but he has alot to live up too.  Look out Billy, grandma thinks you are a genius. 


 It is save a Rhino Day.  Keep your eyes open, if you happen to see a Rhino tooling around    Save It!! 


Thankful tidbit    .....  No more immunizations for awhile! 

Crazy Mommy is signing off    xo

No comments:

Post a Comment