Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Crazy ...... but thankful

2/28/2012

Well it's National Pancake Day!  My middle guy had an appointment in Westlake today.  So on our way home we stopped at Ihop.  We each got a free stack of pancakes.  Whoo hoo.  This was sure better than Polar Bear Day.   If you didn't know Ihop did that, mark your calendars for February 28 2013.  Free pancakes! 

I'm at musical theater class with the girl.  They also have tumbling, dance, etc..... I'm watching the tumbling class from my car.  Which I have been watching most Tuesday nights since last September.  There is some serious improvement in this class, especially the boy in the class.  The only boy.  He is probably 12 ish.  He could barely do a round off before christmas.  Now he has his back handspring.  Looks awkward but....he is flipping around out there.  To be honest, I'm jealous.  I sure miss flipping around and such.  Don't get me wrong, I can still do the splits with the best of them.   That is about it though.  The Kickworm and splits are about all I have left from my younger days.   Could be worse.  I could have neither!

Another rough afternoon and evening with little man.   Hopefully we can get some things under control soon.  It's very difficult as a parent to feel like you are doing every thing you can and things still are off and disruptive to your house.   It can feel very defeating.  To be honest I feel more and more like that.   I know things can always be worse.  That gets me through alot of days.  Thinking of the people that are worse off with children.  Like these people in Chardon.  So sad!  You send your child to school, where they should be safe and learning.  There is a chance they don't come home.  Gut wrenching.  As  I sit here and think about those parents whose children didn't get to come home yesterday, I'm relieved.  I think it gives me a little more strength and fight to get me through another day, week, or month.    Hug your children every day.  You just never know!  

Thankful tidbit....... That I had three sets of  eyes looking at me when I woke up this morning.   Xo

Crazy mommy is outta here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment