Thursday, March 8, 2012

StopKony !!

3/8/2012

It's been a fairly calm evening.  I have a few hours left, but at least I have some sanity left.  Doesn't happen often.  My daughter and I were having some discussion on people with glasses etc ....actually she was talking to me while I was doing dishes and getting a bath ready for one if the boys.  So I wasn't totally listening.  Anyway she was telling me about some kid that got or had glasses and some boys at school were teasing them about being a nerd.  The middle one comes running downstairs all put out yelling at her in total defense.......saying how there are several kids in his class that have glasses and one of the boys kicks the farther than most kids in second grade.   She says first of all I was telling a story, I don't think that.   I told a similar story like this around Valentines Day.  Just goes to show  you what is important to an 8 yr old.  Who kicks the farthest, who runs fastest, who makes the most touchdowns in recess. 

The girl watched that video on that nut job Joseph Kony.  She is now obsessed wondering how she can help these kids in Uganda not be abducted.  It's amazing sometimes to watch your kids really get into something or believe strongly in a effort to make a difference.  As much as I may act like she is a drama queen or mouthy ( she can be), she is such a thoughtful and endearing child. When something moves her, she really puts so much of herself and thought into helping that cause.  She wants us to acknowledge this problem and talk about it .  So  STOPKONY!!!!!   If you are not aware. Go to YouTube and watch the video. 

Totally changing the subject....isn't it really about time that Dick Goddard retires.  I mean my goodness.  He is almost painful to listen to.  All he talks about is getting your cats spayed and neutered. I know I could change the channel and watch another news program, but I like the others.  I think his suit coats are as old as him.  He drives me bananas.

Thankful tidbit ........  A calm evening once a month. 

Until next time - Crazy Mommy  xo

Enjoy Full Moon Day !!!!   I sure will   :)

1 comment:

  1. the moon is beautifull ,,love it. Kids,,,kids say the darnedess things..

    ReplyDelete