Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Come on Friday.......

4/3/2012

Good afternoon, and it's been a sunny afternoon. Which makes things so much better!  So almost two years ago my middle guy thinks he wants to join Boy Scouts.  We go to the meeting, listen to what they have to say, get assigned to a group, give them my email, they give us a little box with a kit for a Soap Box Derby cart, popcorn selling info etc.......
After I get home and start realizing ummmm maybe this is going to be a little much.  First of all that Soap Box Derby kit was crazy.  I had no idea where to start, you needed tools, I just couldn't get it. Then there was going to be a big camp out.  Ummmm no.  I talk to my middle guy and ask him if this is really what he wants to do?  He says you know I was thinking , you don't really like camping etc....so I better not do it.  Well I was thrilled.  I did explain that me not liking camping doesn't have anything to do with it.  Deep down I was jumping for joy.  So we decide NO on Boy Scouts.  About a week later I get an email on when our Thunder Bear group was going to meet.  ( I'm making up the Thunder Bear name)  I respond to the email, thanks for the info but he is NOT going to do Boy Scouts.  Yesterday, I get an email about some Thunder Bear meeting.   Are you kidding me?  I have been getting emails every two weeks for almost two years.  I have emailed those looney bins probably 20 different times, confirming that my son went to one meeting and never came back.  Thank goodness he didn't go to the great camp out, they think he has been the perfect Boy Scout, and has never even showed his face since the informational meeting.  Ughhhhhh  Get it together Boy of America!!  

The girl had her last JO vb tournament this past weekend.  She played great! Looked better and better every week.  I'm so proud of my little mama.  Even though they are long weekends ..... I am going to miss it.  You start knowing the parents, the kids, alot of bonding goes on.  Then it is over, you feel a little hole of emptiness from it.  We did take the cooper medal this past weekend.  Yep I said it!   COPPER!  Kind of silly, but we got a medal title .  Never really got a medal......  Just a title! 

It's National Tweed Day.  Don't you think they have that day in November....when wearing Tweed is in style.  We are a few weeks away from wearing white pants or shorts.  I go busting out in my tweed s  and people are looking at me, like get over it.  Winter is gone!  So I suggest a skip on this one! 

Thankful tidbit ......   Sunny days!   :)

I'm outta here!      Crazy mommy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment