Monday, April 2, 2012

Support Autism!!!!!

4/2/2012

Hello, hello, hello........ It's Autism Awareness Month.  Today is light it up blue, for Autism awareness. Hopefully more and more people can become aware of this disease and what it does to individuals and families.  It is  life long issues and changes.  Just when you think you may have your child , meds, IEP's figured out...... It changes.  It's difficult on everyone in the family,  especially siblings that don't always get it.  They have to sacrifice alot because of their sibling. There are things we cannot do or places we cannot go.  It is just too much of an overload for that sensory overloaded child.  My other two children have to give up and sacrifice things for little man.  It's hard, because as much as they love him....... They can hate him just as quick.  It's only because they don't always understand.  My heart breaks for my child with the disease, and for my children without.   We have a long tough life ahead of us.  Thank goodness I have the strongest extended support group.  My parents are amazing.  They are the only ones that can really handle little man sometimes.  I appreciate everything they do to help and support.  Sometimes the support is just a phone call, a letter in the mail, a look , or keeping him for a few hours, a night, or a weekend.  It's difficult for them as well.  Thats where my strength starts, from them! Thank you mom and dad for believing in me.  When I think I don't have it in me, you make me believe that I do.   My extended family is also fabulous......  My aunts are so supportive and offer so much love.  I know lately little man consumes me, and our family conversations.  It doesn't matter!  They sit and listen and cry with me,  thanks to them as well.  To my fly girls that listen and get it!  Thanks.  I have not been a good friend lately, but your support is appreciated.   I have a boyfriend that has no kids.  For him to be in a relationship with a girl that has 3, let alone one with alot of major issues, is huge! It's difficult for him to understand sometimes what to do .  His support and love gets me through certain days.  Xo
I learned quickly that if you don't defend and advocate for your child, nobody will! They will be left behind and left out.  I know my defense for my child will never end.  I will fight for him and his disease until I feel I don't have too.  I will also fight to help my other children understand the disease more and more, and make them aware of disabilities on a daily basis. 

Thankful tidbit..... I am thankful for little man, without him I would probably never know how strong and persistant I could be. 

Until next time .....  Crazy mommy  xo


No comments:

Post a Comment